Baked bannock with berries
- 3 cups of flour (use at least half whole wheat flour)
- 3 tbsp. of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of berries
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ cup of oil or melted margarine
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F (180⁰C)
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients with a fork and stir in berries.
- Stir together the oil and water and add to the bowl with dry ingredients.
- Work mixture together with hands to form a ball. Knead about 10 times.
- With floured hands, pat into a circle on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes
Serves 16 children
Source: LEAP Food Flair, Legacies Now, p.148