- This event has passed.
Healthy Start For Families – Workshop for Facilitators
September 21, 2019 @ 09:00 - 16:30
Now is your chance to host a series of Healthy Start for Families sessions!
How? We are currently looking for organizations that want the opportunity to offer family based programming and we are providing this training workshop for FREE!
Healthy Start for Families sessions are designed for parents or guardians and their children ages 0-5 years (siblings are welcome.) The program consists of a series of interactive, kid-friendly activities and cooking sessions, offered free of charge at YOUR early learning centre, local family resource centre or community based organization.
Your facilitators will be able to offer the Healthy Start for Families program as a stand-alone program or adapt similar programs/sessions already offered by your organization to include our health and wellness model for families.
The upcoming workshop is designed for facilitators from centers or community based organizations that have some experience delivering hands-on sessions with healthy eating or physical activities or have experience working with families with young children.
We are offering:
• a free one day workshop to equip facilitators to deliver Healthy Start For families sessions.
• Resources and the opportunity to practice developing session outlines for your families.
• Session outlines, physical activities, recipes, facilitator manual and more!
• Financial help is available to assist participating organizations to offset partial costs associated with running sessions.
Where: Throughout Saskatchewan.
When: Fall 2019
Confirmed Date and Locations:
• September 21, 2019 in Saskatoon
We will be selecting more locations to host additional workshops where there is interest. So don’t delay, apply today!