Project Background / Accountability:
The Healthy Start / Départ Santé is a provincial and bilingual early years’ health promotion initiative, funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Community Initiatives Fund. The project’s goal is to increase opportunities for regular physical activity and healthy eating in early learning and childcare settings, including prekindergarten. The Healthy Start / Départ Santé project is delivered in French and in English throughout the province.
Lead organization: The project is led by a Francophone health promotion NGO, the Réseau Santé en français de la Saskatchewan (RSFS).
Responsibilities and Duties:
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated Project Coordinator to assist in a large-scale implementation of this early years’ health initiative. Under the supervision of the project manager, the successful candidate will be required to perform the following:
- In collaboration with project team, coordinate various pilot projects within the Healthy Start / Départ Santé initiative, primarily in licensed childcare and prekindergarten settings with early childhood educators or teachers.
- Coordinate meetings to engage partners in cultural adaptation of the initiative (indigenous, newcomer and francophone populations)
- Monitor and evaluate pilot projects with various working groups and stakeholders (healthy eating, physical activity, cultural adaptation).
- Implement standardized protocols and delivery the early years’ health promotion program in French and English.
- Assist in planning, recruitment, training and program delivery of the program in French and in English across Saskatchewan.
- Travel to communities outside of Saskatoon to train and offer additional workshops individually or with other team members.
- Maintain and document program delivery and monitoring, such as communications (email, telephone), record keeping before and during implementation.
- All other related duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Other Requirements / Expectations:
- Full-time position (based on a 37.5 hour /work week)
- Start date: ASAP
- Annual position with possibility of renewal.
- Location of work: Saskatoon with travel throughout the province in childcare centres and schools.
- Salary: commensurate to experience and education.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Nutrition, Education, Early Childhood Development specialization, health promotion, or other related education and experience will be considered. Past experience in project coordination and an understanding of cultural and diverse communities are essential.
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly motivated, self-managing and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills are vital
- Experience in delivering workshops or training (health promotion or related experience)
- Bilingual imperative English and French
- Demonstrated effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel computer skills (MS Office).
- A clean and valid Saskatchewan Driver’s license and ability to travel throughout the province.
- Deadline : Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Submit a current resume and cover letter
- To Gabrielle Lepage-Lavoie, Program Manager,
- By email to email@example.com, with “HSDS Project Coordinator, position” in the subject line
- Please see our website for more information on the project: www.healthystartkids.ca
- We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.