- 5 cups grated zucchini (about 3 medium or 4 small zucchini)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup panko or regular bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 cups grated old cheddar cheese (about 175g)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine zucchini and salt in a medium bowl and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Strain any excess water and transfer zucchini to the centre of a clean dish towel. Wrap the zucchini up and twist the towel to squeeze as much excess water from the zucchini as possible.
- Transfer zucchini back to bowl and add panko, eggs and cheese. Mix thoroughly and shape mixture into 2 inch round disks.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Make your own bread crumbs by saving and drying out bread ends and crusts
- Get the children involved in the kitchen by grating the zucchini and cheese, mixing, measuring and forming the patties.
Makes 16-28 bites
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 25 mins
Total time 40 mins