What you need:
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of quick-cooking oatmeal
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of skim or 1% milk
- 1 cup of mashed banana
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 400⁰F (200⁰C)
- Lightly spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray or use paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oatmeal, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and mix in the mashed banana, milk and vegetable oil.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix lightly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until muffin tops are browned. Loosen muffins and serve warm.
Makes 12 medium-sized muffins