What you need:
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 14 oz can kidney, black or pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of corn kernels, canned or frozen
- ¾ cup of mild salsa
- 10 flour tortillas (25 cm), warmed
- 1 ¼ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, stir together rice, beans, corn and salsa.
- Cook for three to four minutes or until warmed through.
- Divide mixture evenly between the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up tortillas and cut in half to serve.
Serves 20 children
Reference: LEAP Food Flair, Legacies Now, p. 166.