- Pizza Bush Pie
- 2 slices of bread
- Spreadable butter
- 1-2 tbsp. pizza sauce
- ¼ cup chopped or sliced meat (chicken, ham, etc.)
- ¼ cup Mozzarella (more or less depending on personal preference)
- Extras: Sliced peppers, mushrooms, jalapenos, pineapple, tomatoes, etc.
- Make campfire (works best when there is lots of hot coals and fire not blazing).
- Butter the bread on one side and lay the butter side down in the cold Bush Pie maker.
- Add pizza sauce, to bread then add meat, cheese, and other toppings. Close the Bush Pie maker.
- Cook over campfire coals. Cook times will vary with the fire and also depending if the Bush Pie maker is aluminum or cast iron.
- Take it out of the fire and open to check the color of the bread. Remove from fire when it is a golden brown color (depending of personal preference).
Try Dessert Bush Pies- try adding marshmallows, peanut butter, jam, chocolate, canned cherries, cream cheese in any combination that appeals to your taste.
Try Breakfast Bush Pies- try sliced boiled eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.
The options are limitless.