What can you do with your kids when it’s –50°C outside and you’re stuck inside? There are a lot of ways to stay active indoors without a large space. It’s important to help your kids find ways to move inside, so they don’t get stuck in front of the television.
- Laundry basket ball (From LEAP HOP). Put a laundry basket against the wall and try to throw balls or other soft objects into it. How far can you throw it from?
- Put a pillow on the floor and jump over it while singing your ABC’s.
- Act out your child’s favourite story. While you read, they move!
- Dance to your favourite songs!
- Learn to hula-hoop.*
- Play some animal charades. One person acts out an animal, the others try to guess what it is.*
- Relay up-and-down the stairs. Be sure to supervise children and encourage them to go carefully instead of quickly.*
- Play “Simon Says” with active instructions (balance on one foot; do jumping jacks)
Have another indoor idea? Send it to us and we’ll share it on our Facebook page!