What you need:
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes, or 1 tbsp. bouillon powder
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta spirals or elbows
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of fresh, frozen or canned green beans, peas or broccoli, cut into half-inch pieces
- ¼ tsp. of black pepper
- 1 ½ cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 6.5oz. can of chunk of tuna, drained
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and bouillon cubes to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and bring back to a boil and keep stirring.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for eight minutes or so, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the milk, veggies and pepper and continue to cook, partially covered for another five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, add the cheese and tuna and stir until the cheese is melted.
Serves eight children