This traditionally Middle Eastern dip is becoming more and more popular in Canada. Did you know that the majority of chickpeas in Canada are grown in Saskatchewan? (Source: Pulse Canada)
What you need:
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp. olive oil
- Tahini (optional) – note : possible allergen
How to :
- Drain and rince the garbanzo beans.
- Use a reamer to get the juice out of the lemon.
- Mince or finely chop the garlic.
- Put the garbanzo beans in a bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, yogurt and olive oil.
You can eat hummus with veggies or pita bread.
Serves eight children.