What you need:
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- 24 chocolate Rosebuds
- In a saucepan, melt sugar, butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring, until chocolate is just melted. Remove from heat and let cool for 1 minute.
- Blend in vanilla and egg; gently fold in flour until blended.
- Spoon into tiny baking cups.
- Bake at 350o F in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven; set a Rosebud on top of each. Let cool.
Makes 24 brownies
Source: The Canadian Living Christmas Book