What you need:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- ½ cup margarine or canola oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, almonds and/or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin, vanilla and margarine or oil.
- In a different bowl, mix dry ingredients (including chocolate chips/almonds/raisins).
- Mix dry ingredients with pumpkin mix.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes until light brown and let cool.