What you need:
- 1 cup firm tofu, diced into half-inch (1 cm) cubes
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 medium green or red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 oz/250 ml) pineapple chunks, drained)
- 3 cups cooked rice (white or brown basmati)
- In a medium bowl, gently toss tofu cubes with teriyaki sauce and brown sugar until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut up carrot, pepper and broccoli.
- Heat oil for one minute in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Carefully put the carrot and pepper into the skillet and cook for one minute, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tofu and sauce, broccoli and pineapple chunks. Stir and cook one minute more or until broccoli is tender.
- Serve over rice.
Serves 12 children.
*Reference: LEAP Food Flair, Legacies Now, p. 172.