- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 taco seasoning pouch (low in sodium)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- Kalamata or black olives, sliced
- Spinach or lettuce
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salsa or plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium-heat. Add meat and cook until browned. Drain fat off and add seasoning and water. Mix and cook for 5 minutes. Let it cool.
- Chop, slice and dice vegetables.
- On a spinach or lettuce bed, add meat, vegetables and grated cheese.
- Add salsa and/or Greek yogurt (optional) and serve.
For a simple and easy lunch on the go, add ingredients in a jar, starting with salsa/yogurt, meat (cooked and seasoned), vegetables and grated cheese. Top with spinach and put in the fridge until ready to serve.