» Healthy Start Symposium 2017
On January 18th, the Healthy Start / Départ Santé team held a Symposium to celebrate their achievements in Phase 2 and to share the plan for the future of the project. The day was packed full with 15 amazing presenters each sharing about how they were uniquely involved with Healthy Start. In the morning, we heard a panel of presenters discuss how Healthy Start has impacted ‘Me, My Centre, and My Community’ and also a presentation on the impact of Healthy Start on the health and wellness of young children. After lunch, the Healthy Start team wanted to energize the crowd, so they led everyone in the ABC for Fitness Chant – it was so much fun!
After that, several presenters shared their views on the importance of investing in the early years. Finally, the plan for the future was launched! Cultural adaptation, parent engagement and online training will be the priorities and participants made many valuable suggestions to help the project succeed.
All in all, it was a great day and the HSDS team would like to thank everyone who joined us in-person and online!
For more information about the Symposium, please check the links below:
- What did it cost to implement Healthy Start – Dr Nazmi Sari
- The value of multi-sectorial collaboration -Dr Hassan Vatanparast & Naomi Shanks
- HSDS A population health intervention -Dr Anne Leis & Dr Stephanie Ward
- E-Learning Group – Pedagogy, strategy, design & technology – Mireille Caissie
- Healthy Together© – An Innovative Family Education Model
- Issues & barriers for facilitators regarding parent engagement – In Phase 3, HSDS will be partnering with another PHAC IS project ‘Healthy Together’ to collaborate on parent engagement. Please see the following documents for more information on the Healthy Together project or visit their website at www.healthy-together.ca
Photos and Videos: